The following available shapefiles may be necessary to compose base maps:
- Boundaries – derived from files downloaded from the GADM Website. Please find further notes in the accompanying readme file.
- Elevation Range – generated by PPDO-Bohol GIS Unit at 5-meter interval based on the Shuttle Radar Photography Mission (STRM) v3 1-arc-second (~30m) Global Digital Elevation Model (GDEM) downloaded from the EarthExplorer website
- Coastline – digitized by PPDO-Bohol GIS Unit from NAMRIA Topographic Map sheets, scale 1:50,000, May 1993 & 1994 editions
- Contours – generated by PPDO-Bohol GIS Unit at 5-meter interval based on Shuttle Radar Topography Mission (SRTM) v3 1-arc-second (~30m) Global Digital Elevation Model (GDEM) downloaded from the EarthExplorer website
- Location of Municipal Halls – generated by PPDO-Bohol GIS Unit using GPS, Google Satellite and Bing Aerial images
- Reef – digitized by PPDO-Bohol GIS Unit from NAMRIA Topographic Map Sheets, scaled at 1:50,000, May 1993 & 1994 editions
- Rivers & Creeks – digitized by PPDO-Bohol GIS Unit based on NAMRIA Topographic Map sheets, scaled at 1:50,000, May 1993 & 1994 editions
- Roads – still a work in progress and as of July 21, 2015 by PPDO-Bohol GIS Unit. Please find further notes in the accompanying readme file.
11 thoughts on “Base Map Shapefiles”
Sir where can I find an exact map of a barangay..
None that we know of. We would expect DENR to have it because all cadastral survey were submitted to them, but then not all municipalities have approved cadastral yet.
Sir where can I download the digital elevation model of a municipality?
One free resource is the Shuttle Radar Topography Mission (SRTM). Check out the following websites for information on how to download: Consultative Group for International Agricultural Research – Consortium for Spatial Information (CGIAR-CSI), NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory (NASA-JPL), or the USGS EarthExplorer. The images available covers very large areas, and depending on what you want to do with the information, may not be suitable for municipal level applications.
Sir where can I download candijay watershed shapefiles?
Hi Justine, you might want to ask it from the Municipality of Candijay, through the Municipal Planning and Development Coordinator
Good day Sir Will,,may I request your good office for the Municipal waters Boundary especially for the Municipality of Bien Unido Sir.
Thank you. God Bless.
Good day po. Do you have a shapefile on grain sizes of the Bohol Soil? Thank you
Hi Mr. Gabi,
We’re sorry we don’t have such information. You may want to refer your concern to the Bureau of Soils and Water Management (BSWM).
Hello, may I know the spatial extent of Bohol in lat/lon coordinates?
Hi May, we aren’t sure if there are official figures, but we’re getting the following on WGS84: Lower Left – 9°29’9”,123°40’51”; Upper Right – 10°17’13”,124°38’45”. That’s excluding municipal waters.