Hon. Erico B. Aumentado manifested that it was the first joint meeting of the Provincial Development Council, PPOC and the Sangguniang Panlalawigan for calendar year 2010. He emphasized that the said meeting will address vital concerns on peace and development of the province focusing on poverty reduction and peace. After recognizing the distinguished guest, the ULAP President and Interim President of ULAP, Mr. Ramon Guico, Gov. Aumentado then indorsed the Guico Plan to increase the IRA Fund from 40% to 50%.
At this point, Chairman Aumentado requested for the deferment of items 2, 3 & 4 of the chairman’s time of the agenda considering that there were numerous items to be taken up.
Atty. Vistal moved to dispensed with the reading of the previous minutes and so with the approval of the same since the members were already provided with the agenda folder.111. AGENDA PROPER
1. Poverty Reduction for Peace and Development:
Provincial Director Rustica Mascariñas presented to the Council the two(2) PPOC approved resolutions for confirmation of the council to read as follows:
- Confirmation of PPOC Resolution No. 2010-01 and Advocacy for Honest, Clean, Peaceful and Orderly Elections in Bohol
- Confirmation of PPOC Resolution No. 2010-02 and Advocacy enjoining all candidates not to pay “Permit to Campaign” and businesses not to pay “Revolutionary Tax” because of lack of presence of the CPP-NPA in Bohol
After the presentation, Dir. Mascariñas moved for the confirmation of the said resolutions. Motion was carried and approved, thus the council passed this resolution –
JOINT PDC, PPOC, SP RESOLUTION NO. 01-2010
A RESOLUTION CONFIRMING THE PPOC RESOLUTION NOS. 2010-01 AND 2010-02 ADVOCACY FOR HONEST, CLEAN, PEACEFUL AND ORDERLY ELECTIONS AND ADVOCACY ENJOINING ALL CANDIDATES NOT TO PAY PERMIT TO CAMPAIGN AND REVOLUTIONARY TAX RESPECTIVELY
- Multi-Industry Cluster (MIC) Seaport Development of Tapal Wharf in Ubay, as recommended by authorities concerned, being an all-weather wharf with immediate access to the Mindanao Sea
Since there was a previous resolution passed during the last PDC meeting on the Multi-Industry Cluster(MIC) Seaport Development of Tapal Wharf in Ubay, Atty. Vistal moved to reiterate the endorsement of the same to the Regional Development Council, Region VII. Without objections/ comments being heard, the Council en masse passed this resolution –
JOINT PDC, PPOC, SP RESOLUTION NO. 02-2010
A RESOLUTION REITERATING THE ENDORSEMENT OF THE MULTI-INDUSTRY CLUSTER (MIC) SEAPORT DEVELOPMENT OF TAPAL WHARF IN UBAY TO THE REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL, REGION VII BEING AN ALL-WEATHER WHARF WITH IMMEDIATE ACCESS TO THE MINDANAO SEA
1.Presentation of the Draft Provincial Development and Physical Framework Plan (PDPFP) 2010-2015.
Atty.Vistal presented to the Council the highlights of the draft of the Provincial Development and Physical Framework Plan (PDPFP) 2010-2015. The objective of the said plan is to define the overall development framework of the province featuring the sectoral development plan of the province of Bohol.
Without objections/comments being heard, Atty. John Titus Vistal moved for the adoption and approval of the Provincial Development and Physical Framework Pan(PDPFP) 2010-2015 which was duly seconded, thus the passage of this resolution –
JOINT PDC, PPOC, SP RESOLUTION NO. 02-2010
A RESOLUTION APPROVING AND FAVORABLY ADOPTING THE DRAFT OF THE PROVINCIAL DEVELOPMENT AND PHYSICAL FRAMEWORK PLAN (PDPFP) 2010-2015 OF THE PROVINCE OF BOHOL FOR ENDORSEMENT AND APPROVAL BY THE SANGGUNIANG PANLALAWIGAN OF BOHOL
IV PLENARY UPDATES
- El Niño Updates
Engr. Evelyn Maligsa of the Provincial Agriculture Office was recognized for the presentation of the El Niño updates. She then informed the Council that the Provincial Agriculture Office had been conducting information dissemination campaign to the municipalities of the province of Bohol about the coming El Niño phenomenon. Their office is encouraging the farmers to plant rice of appropriate variety such as RC 158-152-168. Also they had been promoting organic farming that could hold water and encouraging the farmers to plant rootcrops.
- Protocol for the release of water from Dams
Engr. Membreve was recognized. He then reported to the Council the status of the following Dams of the province of Bohol:
- Malinao Dam – storage capacity is 5 cu.m. that could irrigate 4,500 has. of farm land
- Bayongan Dam – storage capacity is 34.6 cu.m.
- Capayas Dam in Calanggaman, Ubay with 1,150 has. to be irrigated which covers most of Ubay area. They are releasing alternate/simultaneous system of water in dams.
- PPOC Updates
- Peace and Order update was presented by P/SSupt. Anthony L. Obenza regarding crime situation update in the province of Bohol
- Internal Security Update was presented by Col. Allan Luga on the current situation update on 2010 election of the province of Bohol
Relative to the query of BM Piollo regarding security of candidates during the time of campaign period, to prevent the candidates from danger, Col. Luga suggested that the candidates should report to their office of some htreats that they will incur during the campaign period to get a security personnel of a maximum of 2-4 personnel.
- Major Orlando T. Sampayan presented to the Council the Overview of Community Intelligence Report on Peace and Order of the province of Bohol on the role of the Non Government Organizations (NGO) regarding peace and order
- V. Other Matters
- Chairman Augmentado informed the Council that the Cultural Minorities Pres. Ambur Datu Manong and the President of Bohol Aagapay will present their group to the PPOC.
- Atty. Vistal explained to the Council regarding the Green Bohol Sustainable Development Goal on the green economy of Bohol were already enshrined in the PDPFP
- Advocacy on the increase of IRA from 40% to 50% – Mayor Ramon Guico jointly passed a resolution for this purpose, thereafter, Mayor Galbreath moved the proposed Guico Plan regarding the increase of IRA from 40% to 50% duly seconded by Mayor Tirol, thus the Council passed this resolution –
JOINT PDC, PPOC, SP RESOLUTION NO. 03-2010
A RESOLUTION REQUESTING THE PRESIDENT ARROYO ADMINISTRATION TO CONSIDER THE INCREASE OF IRA SHARE FROM 40% TO 50% IN ORDER TO STRENGTHEN THE LOCAL REVENUE DEVELOPMENT OF THE COUNTRY
- Mr. Kim Bunin, Country Director of KOICA proposed an amount of 2.9M$ for the establishment of Algae Bio-Ethanol Research Center in the province of Bohol.
On the part of the province, Gov. Aumentado represented the following Technical Working Group (TWG):
- Atty. John Titus J. Vistal – PPDO
- Ms. Ma. Fe Dominese – BIPC
- Liza Quirog – PAO
- Larry Pamugas – PAO