The Bohol Provincial Development Council (PDC) Executive Committee held its first meeting for the year 2015 last 14th of January at the Bohol Tropics Resort, Tagbilaran City. Led by Governor Edgar M. Chatto, all national government agencies (NGA) stationed in Bohol attended the meeting to present their priority development programs, activities and projects (PAP) for 2016. It is noteworthy to report that the three representatives of the three districts of Bohol, namely, Cong. Rene Relampagos of the 1st District, Cong. Erico Aristotle Aumentado of the 2nd District, and Cong. Arthur Yap of the 3rd District attended the said meeting. They gave their respective messages of gratitude and appealed to the national government agencies for cooperation and coordination in the budgeting and implementation of their priority development PAPs.
National government agencies from the Economic Development Sector that rendered their respective priority development PAPs were the following:
1. Department of Agriculture – Bohol Agricultural Promotion Center (DA-APC) by OIC Project Manager Ms. Marlene C. Cubero;
2. Department of Agrarian Reform by Engr. Leonard Cagampang who represented Ms. Grace Fua;
3. Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR) by Mr. Mario Ruinata who represented Mr. Cresencio Pahamutang;
4. Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) by Mr. German Guidaben;
5. Philippine Coconut Authority (PCA) by Mr. Timoteo Lago, Jr.;
6. Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) by Ms. Verna C. Ligan who represented Ms. Maria Elena Arbon; and
7. Department of Science and Technology (DOST) by Ms. Vina R. Antopina who represented Engr. Marcial Tanggaan.
For the Infrastructure Sector, the following heads of agencies presented their department’s power point presentation:
1. Engr. Francis Antonio L. Flores of Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) District I-Bohol;
2. Engr. Mario M. Montejo of DPWH District II-Bohol;
3. Engr. Teotimo C. Baghucan, representing Engr. Aramis E. Torrefranca, of DPWH District III-Bohol;
4. Regional Director, Engr. Mario H. Sande, of National Irrigation Administration Region 7; and
5. Ms. Annie Manese of the Philippine Ports Authority.
The reporters under the Social Development Sector were Dr. Ma. Portia Reyes of the Department of Health, Dr. Wilfreda D. Bongalos of the Department of Education (DepEd) – Bohol Division, Dr. Evangel M. Luminarias of the Department of Education (DepEd) – City Division, Ms. Papiasa Bustrillos of the Department of Social Welfare and Development, and Dr. Francisca Opog of the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA).
Forester Raul Paler presented the Department of Environment and Natural Resources’ (DENR) priority development PAPs. He represented PENRO Nestor Canda of the DENR, the lone national government agency under the Environmental Management Sector.
Under the Development Administration Sector, Provincial Director Ma. Loisella Lucino presented the PAPs of the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) based on the four outcomes: Business friendly and competitive LGUs; Environment-Protective, Climate Change Adaptive & Disaster-Resilient LGUs; Socially Protective LGUs; and Accountable, Transparent, Participative & Effective Local Governance. Other agencies that reported were the Philippine National Police (PNP) by P/Supt. Nicomedes P. Olaivar, Jr., Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) by Deputy Station Commander Michael D. Romero, Bureau of Jail Management and Penology (BJMP) J/SInsp Roberto Crisanto C. Alpon III, Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) by Mr. Narciso Cantor, Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (PHIVOLCS) by Engr. Nolan Evangelista, Parole and Probation Administration No. 1 by CPPO Ricardo M. Abucejo, Parole and Probation Administration No. 2 by CPPO Rose Eileen J. Dumale, and Parole and Probation Administration – City by CPPO Raquelito G. Rollan.
Upon proper motion and duly seconded, the PDC ExeCom favorably endorsed to the Central Visayas Regional Development Council (RDC) the list of priority Programs, Activities and Projects (PAPs) of the different national government agencies for the Province of Bohol for inclusion in the CY 2016 budget proposal of their respective departments. /PPDO-Bohol/